POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Free 3D Modeller : Re: Free 3D Modeller Server Time
6 May 2024 11:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free 3D Modeller
From: T X
Date: 12 Jun 2002 17:16:41
Message: <3d07ba39@news.povray.org>
"Lieut_Data" <lIe### [at] yahOOcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > IMHO it is still worthwhile in the free version.
> > Then again i don't use it, but it looks like it
> > is useful, and it does export to POV!
>
> I thought it looked cool too... until I started doing anything other than
> the tutorial stuff... then it kept crashing on me :-(

I think there isn't a really good free or lowcost modeller out for POV under
Windoofs. In my opinion only Moray can satisfy (you have to use some other
utilities to build primitives) and it isn't to expensive. But if you want to
work professional and without compromises I don't know no other app than
Rhino that can export to POV and with which you can build really everything
you can imagine , but you have to spend a very very lot of money for it :-((